Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday Inspiration

"for whatever we lose (like a you or a me),
it's always our self we find in the sea."
--e.e. Cummins

The first 12 years of my life were spent in the sunny land of Southern California. Every summer my family would spend a long weekend or maybe even a week camping on the beach. I still hold these simple sand filled vacations as some of the happiness moments of my childhood.  I can remember lying on the beach and closing my eyes, listening to the waves coming and going and believing those tides were the earth's deep breathes, in and out, in and out, and it so calming and so deep. 

My beach umbrella and beach chairs are already packed in the trunk of my car, but it might be a little while before beach days get penciled onto my calendar.  But that hasn't stopped me from searching out the peacefulness of bodies of water.  I started to take walks down to the Potomac River on Sundays mornings and it has become a favorite and needed weekly routine. 





No comments :

Post a Comment