Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Adventures in Audio-Catch Up: Part III: 14-18

Continuing on my quest to catch live music at 50 different venues:

Adventures in Audio 14: Parquet Courts at The Black Cat. Stupid fun. U Street at midnight on a Saturday night may be becoming one of my favorite things. A city so alive

Adventures in Audio 15: A community dance party in the courtyard of the American Art Museum/National Portrait Gallery. A live band brought the funk and DJs spinned Soul music from the 60's and 70's and so, so, many people danced their feet off. Gosh, I sure love this city.

Adventures in Audio 16: My Morning Jacket at the Global Citizens 2015 Earth Day Concert at this rad new venue called The National Mall. See also, my first sunburn on the season.

Adventures in Audio 17: Local bluegrass/roots band Dead Man's Hollow at my neighbor public library. I love that libraries are becoming more and more community art centers.

Adventures in Audio 18: DC Funk Parade down U Street. That's right. Funk. Parade. In addition to the parade led by this awesome all woman percussion band, there were street musicians and performances a plenty and many of the clubs along U Street opened their doors for free shows.

1 comment :

  1. I love everything about your Quest. Good music has no bounds.

    ReplyDelete