Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Currently Listening to . . .

Holy smokes kids, it's been awhile since I've done a "Song of the Week" post, so let's all get caught up with what is currently filling the space in between my ears and breaking my heart.

Oats in the Water by Ben Howard. This song is so haunting it still gives me the shivers, even after the 1398th listen.




Lord Huron. Every single Lord Huron song I can shove in my ears.


Penitentiary by Houndmouth. You can hear 1000 lives lived in their music.


The Last Pale Light in the West by Ben Nichols. Ben Nichols, of the band Lucero put out a solo album not too long ago inspired by Cormac McCarthy's book Blood Meridian. It's music that soaks deep in your skin and kind of hollows you out, but you don't mind, it feels fine.

No comments :

Post a Comment