Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Song of the Week: Johnny Flynn

Johnny Flynn was one of the opening acts for the Mumford & Sons tour last week, and rightfully so, since they all came out of the same London music scene. I kinda love when bands bring their friends and the bands of those friends on tour. Instead of three completely separate bands, us fine folk in the audience, get a whole hootenanny night. So whenever my {imaginary} band goes on tour,  I'm taking all of you along! So tune your ukuleles (I've heard that's the hip instrument now), and polish up your dancing shoes. It will be a blast.

"Tickle Me Pink," is my favorite Johnny Flynn song, which they did perform much to my delight. This fav rating is based not only on  the incredible catchiness of the tune,  but also for brilliant repetition of the the line:  pray for the people inside of your head. 

The crazies, even the internal kind, need all the help they can get.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment