Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Song of the Week: Wild Child

For a long time I held a grudge against the city of Austin, TX. It was the only place, out of the half dozen places I applied to graduate school that denied me. DENIED ME. Fine, Austin, I'll deny you too. But time, a tad bit of maturity, having a wild time in the place I ended up in, and the pull of the fantastic music scene, with bands such as Wild Child, have finally made me OK with that Texas town again. Ukuleles and soulful voices go along way building bridges, mending fences and all that stuff.


Wild Child will be in town jamming at The Bottleneck in Lawrence, KS, this Saturday (June 15) and The Riot Room in Kansas City, MO on Sunday (June 16) with Shakey Graves and Marmalakes, two other great Austin, TX acts. (Full tour details)

No comments :

Post a Comment