Monday, June 10, 2013

Picture of the Week: Black Flag



This show was a little odd. I don't know if it was me, the crowd, the fact that the show started a full hour late, but it just felt a little bit off. That is until Ron Reyes came on stage and grabbed the microphone, and then all was right in the world again. They sang 'Rise Above' near the end of their set, and it was like I had waited my entire life to hear that song performed live. Maybe I have been.

And because I just need to get one of my biggest concert pet peeves/superstitions out of my system: Don't wear the shirt of the band you are there to see. DON'T BE THAT GUY. 

In other punk rock legend music: did you hear that Rancid is coming to Kansas this Fall (September 21, to be exact)? Every time I see them, which has not been enough, I have a little hope in my heart and dream in my head that they will play their album  . . .And Out Come the Wolves, in full, start to finish. It hasn't happen yet, but I do believe in miracles and punk rock. 

Black Flag @ The Granada, Lawrence, KS, June 6, 2013

No comments :

Post a Comment