Wednesday, June 5, 2013

10 Things

1. This happens a lot in my life:
Waiting for geese to cross the street. Seems a little petty, I know, but add in the fact that I have a fear of birds (go ahead and make fun of me, everyone else does), and you have me rolling up all my windows, double checking that all my doors are locked and not making eye contact. I wouldn't put carjacking past those feathered hoodlums.

2. The other day I was at Walmart-- don't judge me, I really was shopping for cheap crap--and there was this army, or gang of really, really old people on motorized scooters, like maybe 10. They seemed to be in every aisle that I needed to be, and having them creep up behind you in  mass in their super slow scooters is kind of unnerving. So I hid out for awhile in the cat food aisle aisle.

3. I really should be banned from Web MD. The number of rare diseases that I have diagnosed myself with in the last 48 hours is alarming.

4. Favorite flavor combination of the week: ultra thin rosemary crackers, raspberry key lime jam and topped with brie. Sounds like a lot of things going on in that mouthful, but so, so heavenly. Speaking of cheese, a friend sent me a link to this chart of cheese, and all I see is a new bucket list.

5. I have never wanted a tattoo so much in my life. (Spoiler alert:  NPR tats)

6. I've seen a lot of people posting about summer reading lists. My goal for summer reading is to read A book. That's it, just one, all the way to the last page.

7.  The Universe is hilarious. Let's just leave it at that for now, but you can go ahead and picture me throwing my hands up very dramatically and saying REALLY? like four times in a row. If I survive this summer, I am going to have some great stories.

8.  Me and The General were talking about starting a band. The position of hype-girl is already filled, but all others are open.

9. The tornado sirens went off this afternoon for their monthly (weekly?) test, and I swear, about 4 of us at work almost dove under our desks. I guess that the down side of being one of the most awesome places on the planet (The American Mid-west) is that you have to be the only place on said planet to have an active tornado season every year.

10. This week PBS aired Woody Guthrie at 100! Live at the Kennedy Center. I was there in house for that show and it was pretty much one of the more remarkable things ever witnessed (I wrote about it here). This clip of all the performers singing "This Land is Your Land," still gives me goosebumps:

Watch Woody Guthrie at 100 - Preview on PBS. See more from pbs.

And you can barely even hear me yelling CRRRITTTTTTTER! Just kidding, I didn't, but I was tempted.


No comments :

Post a Comment