Friday, May 24, 2013

10 Things

I know that I just posted a list of stuff yesterday, but in this Twitter and Facebook status world we live in these days, I feel that shouting random stuff at people is how we communicate and stay relevant. So let me communicate:

1. Happy Birthday Bob Dylan! You will always be one of my favorites.
I have posted a lot about Mr. Dylan, but this post kinda explains it all.

2.  I'll just go ahead and admit it: I spend a great deal of my day thinking about different things I can put Sriracha on.

3. I'm thinking about trying to make (brew?) my own Ginger Ale. Just because I don't partake of the libations, doesn't mean that I can't be all crafty when it comes to fun drinks. Oh, a mocktail party is so happening this summer.

4.  All month I kept thinking next weekend was Memorial Day because one of my favorite global trotting friends is making a rare appearance in the States for some adventures. And also adding to this anticipated weekend O'fun, the summer concert season kicks off with the General and I seeing the Lumineers (Three Cheers for the Lumineers!). But it turns out THIS weekend, like beginning right now,  marks the start of the Memorial Day celebrations. I feel so unprepared. Should I buy a mattress, set  my food on fire or do something more meaningful? I have been thinking about tackling organizing  my family photos. That's a meaningful memorial right? I start on this project every now and then but get quickly overwhelmed by the sheer volume of it all and end up throwing things in shoe boxes and shoving them under my bed. Bad, bad archivist.

5. I am a huge fan of Jenny Lawson/The Bloggess and her post this week is pretty much why I have been going to bed as the sun raises lately.  I keep hearing about  smug people that go internet/electronic devices fasts, as in turning them off, going off the grid, living outside the Matrix for a day or whatever. That's just silly. When someones discovers/documents Big Foot, I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT.

6. Actually I really should be super duper nice to all the internets and on and off buttons in my life especially after the last couple days. Seriously folks, back your stuff up and become BFFs with all the computer loving people in your life. Bake them brownies with double sprinkles.


7. FYI:


8-9 {something insanely clever that just blew your mind}

10. Trampled by Turtles do the best covers:


1 comment :

  1. Homemade Ginger Ale? Get out! AND you get to see the Luminineers?! What a perfect weekend. Menwhile I waved to you as we passed by your neck of the woods on the way to Witchita this weekend.

    ReplyDelete