Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Song of the Week: Old Crow Medicine Show

I had another song set to go today, but after the events yesterday, that scheduled song wouldn't really have been the song of the week. I never, ever, want to appear that I am exploiting or cheapening tragedy in any way, so posting about current events always seems a little two sided and most likely comes off as a little eye rolling inducing. But.  I love the city of Boston, I can't say a more honest statement if I tried. I have walked her streets and felt at home.  That fair city stole a little bit of my heart the first time I went there and I have willingly left a little bit of myself there on the numerous times I have visited since. Moments and interactions there changed my life, dramatically and honestly, and always for the good. The people there are tough and they are strong and I know that they will come back from this horrific event. All the people that I know in that little big city are safe and accounted for, but my heart is still heavy for the wounds, both physical and emotional, caused yesterday. Healing is hard, it hurts, it takes time, but it is also very real and possible. 

We're all in this thing together, walking the line between faith and fear.



No comments :

Post a Comment