Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Song of the Week: The Lone Bellow

I hope wherever you are it is warm and sun filled. Here on the homestead it is cold and rainy and grey and gray.  I'm trying not to think about how cold my feet are (I am too stubborn to put on socks), or how a freak spring snow storm may get in between me and a show tonight. But what I am thinking about, because it is what I am always thinking about, is what should be my soundtrack for this day where the weather makes you feel so lonesome and abandoned (by the sun mainly, but feel free to dive deep into that one).  The Lone Bellow, a Brooklyn trio--with occasional help from friends,  fits so perfectly into the mood of today.  Zach Williams sings with an intensity that you believe his every single word and the layers of melodies and harmonies add richness and warmth that fills you up way better than a mug of hot chocolate filled to the brim with marshmallows. 


No comments :

Post a Comment