Monday, April 29, 2013

2 Poems

Since April is National Poetry Month, I have worked with the little girls I volunteer with on writing little poems and then performing them (with flare!). Instead of clapping after each girl, I had them snap, turning little ones into a bunch of beatniks, yep, that's me, but without the whole smoky night club thing. One of my favorite little poems from the girls was: "Roses are red, voliets are blue, I like cheese, but I love you." Framable.

And on a different tone and note, here is one out of my own favorites file:

Writing by Charles Bukowski

often it is the only
thing
between you and
impossibility.
no drink,
no woman's love,
no wealth
can
match it.
nothing can save
you
except
writing.
it keeps the walls
from
failing.
the hordes from
closing in.
it blasts the
darkness.
writing is the
ultimate
psychiatrist,
the kindliest
god of all the
gods.
writing stalks
death.
it knows no
quit.
and writing
laughs
at itself,
at pain.
it is the last
expectation,
the last
explanation.
that's
what it
is.

--





3 comments :

  1. Brilliant poem. I'm so glad you shared this.
    For some reason I feel like standing on a desk now and sounding my barbaric YAWP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I should of had my girls barbaric YAWP-ed!! Why didn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, this is so great!!

    ReplyDelete