Friday, March 15, 2013

Happy Friday!

I woke up to this video making itself known on my radar.  It is so delightful that I had to share, immediately, before I break the Internet by hitting the replay button too many times. So here I type, still in my pajamas, still with out of control bed hair, but with a smile on face and a tune in my head.

Langhorne Slim & The Law with The Lumineers covering a little Violent Femmes:



These two great bands may have just ended their beautiful time at touring buddies, but they are both (separately) coming to my neck of the woods in the next few months, which lets me know that they still care.

Langhorne Slim & The Law will be at the Granada in Lawrence with Lucero on April 23 (info/tickets).  My admiration for Mr. Slim's music is getting pretty close to being embarrassing, but sometimes you just can't help falling hard for good music. 

The Lumineers  with the Cold War Kids and others will be playing Buzz Under the Stars at the Cricket Wireless Amphitheater (which I still call Sandstone because I am old) in Bonner Springs, KS on June 1. 

There are actually a lot of good concerts swinging through the area, like a lot. This makes me more happier than you know, and also makes me feel a little more ok about sticking around. As long as you got a steady stream of good music, you can get through a lot of other stuff.  Or so I say.

It is suppose to be in the 70s today (temperature wise), maybe even hit 80. Let's all go outside and run around like crazy people, 'K? 

No comments :

Post a Comment