Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Song of the Week: The David Mayfield Parade

It's February and you know what that means---- sappy love songs!  I'm starting to even embarrass myself with how many tender little songs I have been finding myself listening to. If you are putting together a little Valentine's Day playlist for that certain someone, which you really, really should, might I suggest a David Mayfield Parade song? Or two?

David Mayfield, big brother of Jessica Lea, and former member of Cadillac Sky, is an amazing performer. If you even get the chance to see him live, do it. DO IT.  Bolded, underlined and in caps.  I can't express enough how much a fireball of raw talent and energy that man is. He comes somersaulting on stage and it goes up from there. His shows will make you smile, like deep down in your soul smile,  so hard. 

My favorite song of his is a lovely little ditty called, "I Just Might Pray."
Seth and Scott Avett , aka the Avett Brothers, sing back up on Mr. Mayfield's 2010 self titled debut album where you can find "I Just Might Pray." And speaking of the brothers Avett, here is Seth playing along on "Breath of Love," also on the same album (hint, hint, that album should be added to your collection right about now):

Now, go dig out some pink and red markers and practice drawing some hearts . . . 

No comments :

Post a Comment