Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Song of the Week: 2013 Bonnaroo Lineup!

Today the 2013 lineup for the Bonnaroo music festival was reveled. Bonnaroo, is a four day festival held in Tennessee that attracts upwards of 80,000 music lovers each year. It has become one of the biggest festivals in the US and usually kicks off the summer music festival season. The lineup this year (as always) is stellar. Whaaaat? Paul McCartney AND Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers? Excuse me, I just fainted. 

I try to limit myself to one festival a year, which in reality means I talk myself into going to two.  They are all day commitments, they are exhausting, you come home dirty from standing in dirt lots and fields,  maybe a little bruised from standing in a sea of humanity, you get dehydrated and sunburned, but it is so, so, so, oh my word, worth it. 

One of the great things about having over 100 bands in front of your face is that you get to discover some new bands. So let's scroll a little further down the line up list and look at a couple of artists that may get a smaller font size, but their hearts and music are just as big as the headliners. 

Frank Turner
Frank Turner will always be in large print type in my book. So good. He has written many of the songs of my life. 

Sea Wolf
Sometimes the sad songs are the best songs.

John Fullbright
He sings the blues, like the blues that make your soul shake, with his eyes closed. Enough said.


No comments :

Post a Comment