Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Song of the Week: Wardell

Wait . . .today is Wednesday. Not Tuesday, the normal Song of the Week day. Darn you "calendars" and "time" and your limitations and boundaries.

I'm still unpacking, taking naps from unpacking, making lunch dates with long last friends, forgetting what day of the week it is, and craving red meat like no other. Why is it that I only crave red meat when I am in the Midwest? Bloodlust usually isn't my best look.

So, maybe I should wait until I can string a lot of beautiful words together about this beautiful song. It's worth lots, and lots and lots of beautiful words. My brain has a very limited vocabulary right now as it detoxes from the last year of my life.  So, maybe I should wait.  But I just can't. You have to listen to this song right now.  Right now, so put down that sandwich. Sharing is caring and I'm just looking out for you and your music needs. That's the kind of friend I am.  "Opossum"  by Wardell has been on constant repeat for the last couple days as I search for that one box with my harmonica in. Moral of the story: this song is fantastic, and always keep your harmonica close by. 




Now, I am off on an hamburger quest and it isn't even noon yet. Meeeaaatttt.

No comments :

Post a Comment