Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Words: Wisdom

One of the 17 million trailers before The Hobbit was for the upcoming movie Warm Bodies. At least half of all the trailers were apocalyptic tales, the end of the world (this Friday, y'all!) is going to be so dramatic. And Warm Bodies is pretty apocalyptic (zombies! zombies!), but why it caught my attention was that is based on a book, by the same name and by Isaac Marion, that I read early this year.  Yeah, so there are zombies, but there is also some witty and meaningful writing. Not to give too much away, the story is told through the point of view of a zombie that falls in love with a human that he just can't eat, sounds a little twee I know, but then comes to task, what exactly it means to be human. 

Anyway, when I got home from the movie, I found the little notebook that I keep favorite quotes in from books I am reading and found this one from Warm Bodies:

“What wonderful thing didn't start out scary?” 

My new motto for 2013? 

No comments :

Post a Comment