Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Song of the Week: Branches

So the minute I finished my Christmas Mix, I started to find more fantastic Yuletide tunes. I am one of those weird people who actually doesn't like Christmas music sung by big choirs or large orchestras. Maybe that is  little harsh, let's just say I like my carols simple, songs and arrangements that I feel I can add my little imperfect voice to, and maybe what a Christmas party would sound like around a campfire. Do people go camping on Christmas? Is that a thing? So counter-cultural, but I think spending a holy day in nature would be pretty inspiring, well, if there wasn't 3 feet of snow on the ground. 

California based band, Branches, released a Christmas EP this year that is pretty perfect to my ears. I would totally share my holiday campfire s'mores with them. 

1 comment :

  1. Christmas camping sounds like bliss! Snow fort and all.

    (Also, I hope my choral pieces on the mix tape weren't too offensive to your ears.)

    ReplyDelete