Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Song of the Week: Passenger


I woke up at 5:30am this morning shaken awaken from a reoccurring dream; I am lost wandering around winding narrow cobble stoned streets. I am sure that I know where I have to go, but turn after turn leads me back to where I started.

The rest of the house was also awake, someone doing laundry, someone in the shower, doors opening and closing. I curled up deep inside my covers, just one more hour, just one more, please.

But that one more hour didn’t come. The harder I tried to fall back asleep, the harder my mind fought to stay awake.  I grabbed my phone. It is a mistake to leave it on my desk by my bed, I really need to have a no-technology zone.  What possessed me to click over to the blog of a boy I once adored, is beyond me. I should be happy for him and the life he created, but I am not.  Then I realized how ridiculous I am and checked my email—work emails already? Bah Humbug (I can start saying that now, right?). Next click was to  the  iPod to listen to a holiday mix I am making for some friends (I need to swap the order of a couple songs and what in the world was I thinking putting that song in, yikes.) After making all these mental notes,  I just hit shuffle  and pulled the blankets way, way over my head.  “All the Little Lights” by Passenger shuffled into my ears and slowly made its way to my heart.
 We’re born with millions of little lights shining in the dark
And they show us the way
One lights up
Every time you feel love in heart
One dies when it moves away

1 comment :