Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Song of the Week: Shovels and Rope

Have you ever had a song hit you so hard with it's pure power and joy that you tumble backwards and are left in the dust completely speechless, and when you finally regain your words, the only thing worth saying is, "Play it again."

No?

Well, you are about to.

Behold, "Gasoline" by Shovels & Rope:


Play it again.
Play it again.
Play it again.


A documentary featuring the Shovels and Rope duo of Michael Trent and Cary Ann Hearst is currently in production and slated for release next year. The film, The Ballad of Shovels and Rope, follows the band in their quest to release their album, "O'Be Joyful (which is out and available).  Independent musicians are wild and earnest creatures, and I love seeing how their music comes to be and gets to my ears. 

A little clip about the doc:

You can find out more information about the documentary and the band on their facebook page.

They are currently touring the US, and will be stopping in my old stomping grounds of Columbia, MO, which gives me a little glimmer of hope that bands will be adding more and more non-KC/STL  Missouri tour stops in time for my victorious return to rural living. They are also playing in KC and STL. Uh hem. You should go see them. Full tour details here.





2 comments :

  1. And just like that BAM! tickets have been purchased.

    Thanks for keeping STL on your radar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'uh hem,' was totally directed at you guys. I can't wait to hear about the show! I've already started to work on my 2013 concert schedule, and since 'The Farm,' (my name for * fingers crossed* my next living space) is a couple hours from everything, strategy is becoming involved, but never fear, you probably haven't seen the last of Concert Katie.

      Delete