Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Song of the Week: Lord Huron

The much anticipated album, Lonesome Dreams, from California's Lord Huron comes out a week from today on October 9. Mark your calendar kids, this is going to be a good one.

The album, in all it's indie choir-boy folk music* glory is currently streaming in entirely over at NPR Music, and I really can't think of a single not positive thing about it. Every song had me hitting repeat today until I listened to the entire album, if my math is correct, which is almost always isn't, at least half a dozen times, and never once grew tired of it. I can see its songs filling quiets moments during forthcoming road trips to the mountains and train rides in foreign lands and mixed tapes packaged up and sent to faraway friends.  

*NPR's words perfectly stating fact. Like always. 

No comments :

Post a Comment