Friday, September 21, 2012

Week in Review

*Missouri 2013! Don’t know exactly when or where or how, but I do know it is right.  

*Our power went out for about 8 hours the other night, the same exact time that all my underthings were in the washer. Awesome. But sometimes you have to give Mother Nature props (don’t fight her, she always wins and has horrible sportsmanship about it too), and sit in the dark and eat  tomato soup by the glow of Arrested Development on your laptop.
If I was stuck on a deserted island, that had electricity ‘cause most deserted island do, and I could watch this show and M.A.S.H, I think I would be totally be ok with my life.

*Since I lost my Kate Middleton fellow fashion critiquer (and NCIS interrupter, seriously I have no idea what is happening on that show) to the Mountain West, does anyone want to talk about the Duchess’s outfits for the latest leg of the Jubilee tour?  My favorite is this one.

*My Pie Day banner came crashing down on me in my sleep this week. I feel a little betrayed. I can’t keep anything up on that wall. Let’s blame it on a haunting, but only that wall. Give me a week or two and I’ll come up with a backstory.
*It is a beautiful day when you stop asking “Why don’t they accept me,” and start being down on your knees grateful that you aren’t like them and realize their non-acceptance is actually a nod towards your humanity and the fact that you, indeed, have a soul.   

*I finally got my plane tickets for Italy this week, so it is for reals. I find it funny and fabulous that  everyone I ask for recommendations and what I should do, they, to the person, always start out with the food and where and what I should eat. Sure, there are museums and the Pope and monuments to civilization, but OMG the food.  

*For those keeping track, the pie combination of the week is vanilla bean + cardamom + peach.

*This seeing eye dog and his loyality and love towards his owner on the Metro melted my heart this week:

*My mom made me a cd. She’s quite adorable.


*Thanks Pandora for reminding me that even though most parts of high school were no good, the music was still awesome:

4 comments :

  1. First off...YAY! Second....

    *It is a beautiful day when you stop asking “Why don’t they accept me,” and start being down on your knees grateful that you aren’t like them and realize their non-acceptance is actually a nod towards your humanity and the fact that you, indeed, have a soul.

    AMEN! REALLY love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true, Italy is ALL about the food. Don't fight it.

    And FANTASTIC NEWS about your decision to head back to MO. You will always be welcome on the east side of the state!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for you getting answers! MO will be happy to have you back! I'm excited for all your adventures up ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, I am expecting a parade when I cross the Mississippi. I just hope there is some part of me to move back! The way things are going now, self implosion may be a reality.

    ReplyDelete