Friday, August 17, 2012

Sounds & Sights: Dawes: Bristol, TN/VA

A few shots from Dawes' set last weekend:




If, I mean when, you see Dawes, make sure you have a good view of Griffin,  the drummer, he plays those drums with in-tens-i-ty.

I have been waiting all summer to see these fine gentleman, and now that I have, I am ok with summer dipping below the horizon. Someone in the crowd asked me if I have heard of them. But of course. What do they sound like? Rock n' Roll, man. Rock and Roll. My exact words. And their set was pretty much perfection. Next time though, I want a full headlining set. More songs! More songs!

"Time Spent in Lost Angeles" has been on heavy morning commute rotation since I got back from, well, Los Angeles .

You got that special kind of sadness
You got that tragic set of charms
That only comes from time spent in Los Angeles 

Post Script: When I was googling this video, I accidentally  typed Lost Angels instead of Los Angeles. New name for my mythical band? Or does it sound too heavy metal goth/emo? 

No comments :

Post a Comment