Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Song of the Week: Bob Dylan

New Bob Dylan! New Bob Dylan! New Bob Dylan.

My love for the tambourine man runs deep.  Almost exactly a year ago I was seeing him live and to say it was dream come true is an understatement. When my office, a couple of months ago, was about to throw out a couple of posters featuring Mr. Dylan that we used at an event, I pulled them out of the trash and carried them through the streets of DC, (they were printed on foam board so I couldn't roll them up), on the Metro (Is that Bob Dylan? Yes. Yes it is.) and all the way home. 
I have no idea what I'm going to do with the posters, but no one throws out Bob Dylan. 

Today NPR debuted the song, "Duquesne Whistle" from Dylan's upcoming album, The Tempest, which comes out in September. Go here and listen to Bob Dylan turn into Louis Armstrong. Do it. Do it. Do it. 

No comments :

Post a Comment