Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Song of the Week: The Beatles


Have you ever heard a song, a song you know you have heard many times before, that kinda hits you like you are hearing it for the first time? That happened to me today with the song “Blackbird” by the Beatles.

Now, The White Album, is my favorite Beatles album, I have listened to it hundreds of times since I used my babysitting money to buy it on audio cassette when I was 12.  And since “Blackbird” is on the White Album I know I have listen to that song a hundred times, but when I heard it this morning I had to keep pausing it, keep listening to each line over and over again, like it was first time I had ever heard this amazing song.



Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All  your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free

Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night



For about a week so I have been coming to realize that something that I had hoped for and desired with the purest of hearts, for years,  is not right. Not right for me, and just plain not right.  Sure, my heart was a little broken, and I was disappointed, but more so it has almost been freeing. I had been so focused on this one thing, that I have neglected, ignored, abandoned, other good things in my life, other chances to be happy.  I felt that literally my eyes were opened and had a feeling, from deep within myself, that it time to move on my life. 

 You can’t cage this bird.



No comments :

Post a Comment