Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Surfers at Assateague Island

This past Sunday, I spent the day at Assateague Island. It’s one of my favorite beaches; it’s NPS so it is less crowded than Ocean City, and it’s the beach I can count on seeing at least a couple surfers.  I love sitting on the shore and watching those wave riders.  There is just something so freeing about them, alone with just a board trying to harness the power of the mighty ocean. By chance, I set up my little red chair near the point where the surfers would go into the water. The waves would take them pretty far down the shore, and then they would walk their boards back to the starting point and go back into the water. I have to say that the waves out here aren’t really that good for hardcore surfing, but I think that is why I love these surfers even more. You do what you love no matter where you’re at.








Other beach finds:



No comments :

Post a Comment