Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Music: Spirit Family Reunion

Hallelujah, Hallelujah Spirit Family Reunion releases their album, "No Separation" this week! 


Hear: Download the above song (for free!), "I Am Following the Sound, "on their website. This song has been on constant repeat around here for the last hour or so. Sundays aren't really Sundays unless there is a little banjo in the morning. My neighbors love me. Dearly. 
See: them this summer on the East Coast (represent!)  folk festival circuit; FloydFest, Newport, Fresh Grass/MASS MoCA (tour info also on their website).
Say: I believe heavily in good music karma, the more you share with others, You have got to hear this, the more good music will get passed on to you. 
Do: drink out of Mason jars, non-ironically, eat fried pickles barefoot in your backyard, and enjoy the summer with good music. Do it for America. Do it for the children. Do it to combat evil corporations and adult contemporary easy listening albums. Do it because you can. 

(I will have to admit, the first time I heard/saw the above video I thought, "Is someone tap dancing?" But then I realized someone was playing the washboard, which is equally awesome.)

No comments :

Post a Comment