Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Song of the Week: The Decemberists


What is the first song on my playlist for my impending drive up the California Coast along Highway 1? That would be California One by the Decemberists:


 I am both excited and nervous about the drive. The last time I did the trip, I was a 10 year old passenger hanging out in the back seat  trying to not touch my sister, and really didn’t pay that much attention to drive. People say it is one of the prettiest drives in the country (I’m only doing a small chunk of it), but they always follow up with cautions about the winding roads and steep drop-offs . That is what making me nervous. But at least as the driver I get to pick the music. Did I mention that I am driving a van full of people? Banana Cakes.

2 comments :

  1. Oh my word I wish I could be a fly in that van. :) You driving a van load of your friends on a winding and narrow road...priceless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure the conversation will go something like this: beach, beach, pie, tacos, banjo, ohhhh look at that, bathroom break, pie, beach, In &Out, beach, photo op, wedding, beach.

    ReplyDelete