Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pie, Oh Beautiful Pie

“It could solve all the problems of the world, that pie… it’s a thing of beauty — how each flavor opens itself one by one, like a chapter in a book. First the flavor of an exotic spice hits you, just the hint of it. And then you’re flooded with chocolate, dark and bittersweet, like an old love affair. And finally strawberry, the way strawberry was always supposed to taste but never knew how.”


The other day I told my mom that I needed to make a pie. She replied that we had a cherry pie in the freezer. We are the type of the family that always has a pie in the freezer. "No, I need to MAKE a pie."  When I saw  on a beloved food blog, the above quote (from the movie Waitress) and recipe for a something called Chocolate Strawberry Oasis Pie, I knew needed to make THIS pie.


Double chocolate crust with strawberries (I sliced the berries instead of halved, because I can't read)
Topped with a homemade chocolate pudding (which means you are at the stove stirring and working on your upper body strength. Whatever Popeye, making pie totally gives you muscles.)
With a hint of ginger and nutmeg that makes you want to fall head first into the pie. Yeah, we ate the whole thing in like 2 days. 

No comments :

Post a Comment