Thursday, April 12, 2012

Song of the Week: CCR

My dad is still in the hospital and today he sure is cranky about it. So I made the executive, and maybe a little selfish, decision to take a break today. He needs to rest, and to be honest, so do I. I'm just sad that I get to leave the hospital and he can't. This afternoon, I went down to clean up his office and desk and live in a moment of familiarity: his bookcases full of science fiction and chemistry books, his collection of playing cards and his record collection.


Yeah, my dad has the Shaft soundtrack:


But by far, his collection is filled with 1960's/1970's folksy rock n'roll. Creedence Clearwater Revival is one of the bands that I connect with my dad, and c'mon, you know John Fogerty has a great voice. So as I was straightening up, I put some CCR on the turntable, and the world just felt a little bit more right.  Dad, this one if for you: 

No comments :

Post a Comment