Friday, March 9, 2012

That's A Beauty

I've been holding on to this for awhile. 
I was afraid that you will think, not another Tom Waits thing.
But this isn't just another Tom Waits thing.
This is Tom Waits reading Charles Bukowski.
Let that settle in.
Let that grab and shake your mind.
And listen.




I often recite poetry as I walk to and from work when it is too dark or I'm too distracted by my thoughts  to stuff my earphones into my head. "The Laughing Heart" has become my cadence as I walk along sidewalks and cobblestone streets. I love the sound of my feet hitting the pavement in rhythm of the words:


Your life is your life  . . . .
You are marvelous . . . . .

2 comments :

  1. Can I just say I die a little every time you post something by Tom? Swooning always ensues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, can there really be too much Tom Waits? The answer is no.

    ReplyDelete