Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sounds: The Black Keys @ The Verizon Center

Truth: I may never be as cool as The Black Keys sound.


I usually don't like going to arena shows by myself. For some reason its ok with a group of people. But solo I get all cranky about the ticket prices, being so faraway from the performer, the merch people wearing polo shirts and khaki pants. I definitely prefer my merch guys to be heavily tattooed. But sometimes you have just have to be thankful that thousands of people are actually listening to good music, that these deserving musicians are finally (hopefully) able to quit their day jobs and feed their family with their music, and bite the bullet and climb up all the stairs to the nosebleed section. And most of the time it is worth it.


On Friday, the Black Keys were definitely worth it. Plus, I got an aisle seat which meant I also got to the see drunk people attempt to go and down stairs, always entertaining. Their (the Black Keys, not the drunk people) set list seemed really short, and the show seemed to end too soon. There was definitely that moment of wanting to shout (even from section 409), "Don't Go!" Don't go quite yet."  The music was just so good, American rock n'roll at it's best, always with a side of blues. 


And Dan Auerbach  wore a striped shirt.


What a night.


My view, from space
Black Keys @ The Verizon Center, Washington DC, March 9, 2012
Set List
Howlin' For You
Next Girl
Run Right Back
Same Old Thing
Dead and Gone
Gold on the Ceiling
Thickfreakness
The Moan
Girl Is On My Mind
Your Touch
Little Black Submarines
Money Maker
Strange Times
Sister
Nova Baby
Ten Cent Pistol
Tighten Up*
Lonely Boy


Encore
Everlasting Light
She's Long Gone
I Got Mine


*I know you have heard this song, now you will know who it is by which will impress the hipsters at parties: Tighten Up:


No comments :

Post a Comment