Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Song of the Week: Typhoon

I have been having a reoccurring dream about floating in the ocean. It's so lovely. I'm just floating there in the calm, warm peaceful waters. A little speck in the great big ocean, and to me, that's very comforting.  I have mentioned before my -almost all the time- yearning to be at the beach and near the ocean. It is sometimes hard to explain, it's not so about being away from work, or at a nice vacation spot. It is about being at peace with myself, truly, honestly, 100 percent myself. It's about being where I belong.  I should feel this way all the time, no matter where I am at or what I am doing.  But that isn't always the case.  There is something deep within in that makes me  believe that my authentic self lives near the ocean; I should try to go visit her more often. 


But it is still a little bit too cold up in these parts to really enjoy being at the closest beaches, so I wait. And "Summer House" by Typhoon is a perfect tune to aid me in my waiting.


I promise you I'm never giving up
Never giving up, never giving up
I won't give in
But now that my body's giving up,
My legs are giving out,
My head is throwing up its hands
It's asking
Can we wait for the summer again?
Can we hold out for summer again?
Will we ever be whole again?
(Yes, there really is that many people in the band)

No comments :

Post a Comment