Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Song of the Week: The Boss + Friends

Notice, I said THE Boss, and not my boss. My boss however, could probably pull off a song or two, I mean, he did break out some Bob Dylan lyrics a couple of weeks ago. But this song is from Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen. I don't even have to write a fluffy paragraph about how awesome this song is, I merely have to list the performers:
(in basically the order they sing in)
Bruce Springsteen
Joe Ely
Alejandro Escovedo
The Low Anthem
Arcade Fire
Tom Morello
And what would all these fine people be singing? That would be Woody Guthrie's "This Land is Your Land."

This Land is Your Land (SXSW) from Backstreets on Vimeo.

Like I said, awesome. Bruce was the keynote speaker at SXSW this year, aka where all the hipsters were while you were working hard in your cubicle last week. I'm not bitter or anything. 

No comments :

Post a Comment