Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Perfect Thing

I'm not really a jewelry person; I'm mildly allergic to gold and I lose small objects with ease, but every now and then I find the perfect accessory.


When I opened a much anticipated package yesterday, I might of died a little bit with delight:
We all have our little nerdy tendencies/obsessions, I just happen to have a little crush on the Dewy Decimal System, sorry LOC, I could never get a hang of you. All the knowledge of the world carefully organized into neat little categories. How could that not make your heart skip a beat?  I have worked on and off in libraries for many of my employable years, and even though I am currently in an off cycle, I still proudly wave my library nerd flag. 


And if you are wondering if there is a meaning behind the specific number on the charm, the answer is yes:
Popular Music--Indexes

Like I said, the perfect thing.

The necklace comes from The Written Nerd,  an Etsy shop specializing in custom made library inspired accessories. 


4 comments :

  1. Oh I am so honored, and thrilled to hear you love your necklace! <3
    Best,
    Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love The Written Nerd? I'm featuring the shop on my blog later this month!
    -Shirley
    http://treeshides.blogspot.com

    ps - I deleted the previous comment due to a spelling error. Things like that bug me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the necklace and get tons of comments every time I wear it!

    ReplyDelete