Friday, March 2, 2012

One Fish, Two Fish . . . .

Today, on Dr. Seuss's birthday, let's not talk about how the commercials for The Lorax movie make me want to throw sharp objects at the TV. 

Today, on Dr. Seuss's birthday, let's talk about some of the wise things that he actually said and hope that Hollywood doesn't ruin them too:

(all quotes from Theodor Seuss Geisel, aka, the amazing Dr. Seuss)

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” 

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” 

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.” 

“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.” 

“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” 

“Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” 

“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” 

“Today is your day, your mountain is waiting. So get on your way.” 

In other literature news, this week Jan Berenstain, of Berenstain Bears fame died. Oh, how I used to love those books, "Do they dare go into that spooky old tree? Yes. They dare." When I was 12 years old, my family moved from California to Missouri and our parents sold/gave away/threw out many of our childhood books. I guess with such a big move you have to be a little selective on what to pack. For many years since, I have been re-collecting some my favorite stories from my wonder years, there are just some stories you never out grow. 

No comments :

Post a Comment