Monday, April 2, 2012

I'm That Girl

I’m the type of girl that always keeps the address to Pierre Herme’s bakeshops and a couple of Euros in my wallet . . . just in case I spontaneously materialize in Paris.

---
 I’m the type of girl that has maps to no fewer than 3 public transportation systems on her phone at any given time, 21st century wanderlust tools.

---
I’m the type of girl that, with absolutely no plans to leave this life anytime soon, wants to write a Last Will and Testament, just so I can include the clause:

Under no circumstances is Elton John to perform a musical number at my funeral. He is permitted to be a pallbearer and nothing more.

(from Eric D. Snider’s latest column about funerals, if you haven't read it, get to it, now.)
--- 
I’m the type of the girl that eats pie for breakfast.
Single serving strawberry pie with coconut crumble topping, my latest and maybe best kitchen creation to date. Now you wish we hung out more, huh?
 ---
I’m the type of girl that goes into a store to buy Downton Abbey and comes out instead with a collection of classic silent horror/sci-fi movies. Metropolis AND Nosferatu? Sold.
---
I'm the type of girl that drives way out to the fancy grocery store just so I can listen to and sing loudly to music in my car. And also for their cheese counter. Current car-tunes favorite: Mermaid Avenue. (l use public transpo during the week, so tree huggers, leave me alone!)
---
Yep, I'm that type of girl.

4 comments :

  1. Can we get the recipe? At least a link? I'm drooling here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we get the recipe? At least a link? I'm drooling here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally have a half written post about it. It is all about the ramekins.

    ReplyDelete