Thursday, February 16, 2012

Today's Lesson

Today was a hard day. I couldn't seem to get anything done.  Employee of the month, I will not be.


 As I was trying to focus on my work, and failing miserably, words started to burrow in my head:


You just have to let your heart break.  You're using too much energy trying to keep it together. Just let it break. It will mend. You will move on. Life will keep on going. It will be ok.


So I did.


And the funny thing, or maybe not so funny thing, was that this heartbreak, the day after Valentine's day, wasn't even about a member of the male population. Our hearts can break over so many more things than a romantic relationship. Today it was more about a lost dream or idea or hope. Maybe it wasn't meant to be. Maybe it isn't meant to be right now. Maybe there's something else out there.  Something bigger and better and different than this broken heart can even dream of right now. 


No comments :

Post a Comment