Monday, February 6, 2012

Superheroes

I saw a little boy reading a comic book, Batman to be exact, on the train this morning. His feet, not being able to touch the ground, were swinging under the bench as he read the colorful pages with huge wide eyes. My heart swelled a little bit with hope for the future generations.  There is something so good about believing in superheroes.  They acknowledge that there is bad in the world, that that bad should be confronted and that that bad, no matter how scary, can be defeated.  They teach us it’s ok to be different and that those differences make us great (or super!).  You don’t have to proclaim your good deeds from the rooftops, sometimes it ok to have a secret identity. And my favorite moral of all;  everyone has an amazing origin story.

1 comment :

  1. I feel like I should comment on every single post, you have such a way with putting my own thoughts into words! But I love this idea of hope in the future based on the belief in superheroes. It's kind of the way I feel about Santa Claus. If we can have hope in something that is bigger and better than us all (real or imagined) we just might make it!

    ReplyDelete