Sunday, February 5, 2012

Local Travels: National Postal Museum + Julia's Empanadas

Yes, there is an entire museum dedicated to the US Postal Service. It is a small museum, part of the Smithsonian, with only half a dozen galleries, but all well curated.  The building was, fittingly enough, originally a post office and served in that function from 1914-1986.  I walk past it almost every day and am glad that I finally took the opportunity to go inside.




After a riveting education on the history of the postal service, the next stop was Dupont Circle for some empanadas. I do love a fancy restaurant with crisp tablecloths every now and then, but I have to say, I am partial to street food. 




 Pineapple coconut on the left , Jamaican style on the right. Both 10s, all the way.

We didn't go inside to see if there was truth in advertising.

No comments :

Post a Comment