Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Pancake Tuesday!

Today is one of my favorite holidays-- Pancake Tuesday. When I try to share this celebration with others, 98% of people think I am making this holiday up.  But it is a real holiday (stomp my feet), and is better known as Shrove Tuesday.  Shrove Tuesday is the day before Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. During Lent people traditionally give up certain foods. And what better way to get rid of flour, sugar, eggs, and other rich foods, than to make pancakes!


And convincing people to come over and eat pancakes is waaaaay easier than trying to convince people to give up a vice for 40 days. I usually don't celebrate Lent, but Pancake Tuesday is one holiday that I am 101% behind. So pull out those frying pans and real maple syrup, or head to your favorite neighborhood diner where the waitresses always call you honey and sweetheart, and dig into some pancakes, flapjacks, or the like. It is a holiday after all.





No comments :

Post a Comment