Thursday, January 5, 2012

Song of the Week: Sallie Ford & the Sound Outside


(Song of the Week will return to your Tuesday programing next week when I remember how to read a calendar.)

Sallie Ford & the Sound Outside are from Portland, Oregon. I hear all the cool kids are moving to the Pacific Northwest and hoarding Almond Roca. But I also hear a lot things.
Image
 I have to admit when I first heard them I had to do a double take. I was causally listening to an interview with them, and they are all talking, and then Ms. Sallie sings. Wow. (blink twice and shake your head) I did not expect that.  A little Etta James, a little Janis Joplin, but a sound that is totally their own.

They are currently touring Europe and probably eating really good cheese right about now. They are sure to be a hit on the summer music festival scene. But hopefully between now and then a tour of these eastern US states might fit in nicely. Please? (I’ll bring the good cheese.)

No comments :

Post a Comment