Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Song of the Week: Adam Arcuragi

Adam Arcuragi’s new album, “Like a Fire That Consumes All Before It . . .” comes out today! Shout hooray! (Go ahead, I'll wait)

The first time I heard the music of Mr. Arcuragi was when he visited NPR’s Tiny Desk back in 2010. Oh, how I love that series. I hadn’t heard of this particular music maker before, but I have come to trust Bob Boilen and friends. I hit play and shock and awe occurred. The good kind, not the duck and cover, the army is invading, kind. There is something great layered in the music and his voice; a sense of earnest importance that makes you listen to it, I mean really listen to it.  And then keep listening to it, sensing that there is a piece of truth in it that you have been searching for.

The album is available through all the usual places, including Adam’s website. While you’re there on the website, take a look at the variety of instruments used on making this lovely collection of psalmodies. How could an album with accredited stomp and clappers not be fantastic?

One of my new loves from the new album,  Oh I See, can be heard below:


No comments :

Post a Comment