Monday, January 16, 2012

Shake the Dust

In a fleeting moment today I was reminded of the poem, "Shake the Dust "by Anis Mojgani, specifically the lines:
Speak every time you stand
So that you do not forget yourself
Never let a moment go by that doesn't remind you
That your heart beats 100,000 times a day
And that there are enough gallons of blood
To make every one of you an ocean
Do not settle for letting these waves settle
And for the dust to collect in your veins

To read the full text of this fine poem go here
To see Mojgani perform his poem press play:
 I was also reminded today that I am a snake. I was wandering around a bookstore and picked up a Chinese horoscope book that was causally sitting by itself on the shelf. I flipped to the section forecasting the year for  the snake, the sign that corresponds to my birth year. There were sentences and paragraphs that meant nothing to me, but the words, "often times a snake needs to shed their skin," meant everything to me. 






No comments :

Post a Comment