Sunday, January 15, 2012

Monuments in Black and White

I don't think that people realize how much effort it takes a lost soul to make it through the doors of church on a Sunday, even if part of me, I mean the soul, really does wants to be there. Today it was too hard, I just couldn't do it.  Instead I went downtown to roam among the monuments.  I have seen them many times in the half dozen years I have lived in the area, but there is just something calming in their grandeur. That is the thing about living in a big city, there are plenty of places to rove and ramble when your head and heart are a little heavy.
 Jefferson
FDR


Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (it was very crowded today!)

Korean War

 Vietnam War

Lincoln

 Iwo Jima
 And one in color


*Yes, I am missing pictures of the Washington Monument and the WWII Memorial. I have always found it hard to take pictures of Washington, and WWII I missed due to construction around the reflecting pool area. 

No comments :

Post a Comment