Sunday, January 22, 2012

Just a Normal Weekend in DC

Eating breakfast at Eastern Market


I know that you are thinking, "Do you have to post every time you eat at Eastern Market?" All I can say is that if you have been there you understand. If you haven't, posthaste, posthaste. You know how people get all crazy obsessed with places like Cafe Rio and to you its just a burrito, but to them you know there's got to something more about it.? Yeah, so I guess the Market Lunch at Eastern Market is my Cafe Rio.  I don't know if it is the French toast with real butter and real maple syrup, or Tom the owner in his black rimmed glasses, or the long communal table that everyone sits at with their red trays. It just feels like what breakfast should be. (p.s. their crab cakes are the best I've had this side of Annapolis)


Hanging out in the "This Week" studio




As our group was entering the building the security officer referred to us as the Spice Girls. At first I was a little offended, if anything we are five lovely ladies that love spicy food. But  with a smile, I just told him that autographs will be signed later on in the afternoon, and then he did a little shuffle dance for us, and no offense was taken. 

2 comments :