Thursday, January 19, 2012

Favorite Things As of Late


Gentlemen in red socks


A brand new moleskine notebook

Poetry* on Metro walls


Minton Tiles

A meal that reminded me of France**, but was inspired by an Englishman***

Watching Mad Men over the shoulder of a fellow traveler. 

Oxfords on dizzying carpet

Spiral staircases

Shiny statues

Learning how to make real French baguettes. It only takes 2 days and performing a fire dance, but crusty bread is so worth it.

Making my red meat decisions carefully

German chocolate, straight from Germany


*From The Wound Dresser by Walt Whitman:

    Thus in silence in dreams' projections,
    Returning, resuming, I thread my way through the hospitals;
    The hurt and wounded I pacify with soothing hand,
    I sit by the restless all the dark night - some are so young;
    Some suffer so much - I recall the experience sweet and sad,...
**roasted sweet potatoes, garlic, carrots, apricots and pears with a vinaigrette poured over while everything is still warm so it soaks in. Side of greens, and of course, goat cheese. 

***Yotam Ottolenghi to be exact



No comments :

Post a Comment