Thursday, December 22, 2011

I'm Looking For Someone to Share In an Adventure . . .

If you please be so kind, let me geek out for a moment:

It is almost embarrassing how many times I have watched this trailer today. Almost.


The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit are some of my dad’s favorite books and he passed along his affection for Tolkien to his children. We grew up with stories of hobbits, wizards and elves, and  the idea that even the most unassuming ones around us (and maybe even ourselves) can be braver than we think and do even greater and more amazing things then we can even now believe. 
And also, it may not be a good idea to talk to creepy people in caves.

2 comments :

  1. Did I ever tell you I had a mint condition set of Hobbit and Lord of the Ring books printed in the 60s? That is, until I let my brother borrow them. Now they are all taped up (sad sigh). I absolutely love those books - and even like the movies almost as much; something that doesn't always happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it look incredible? Is it too early to plan an excursion to a midnight showing?

    ReplyDelete