Monday, December 19, 2011

12 Days of Hipster Holiday Music: Day 7

On the 7th day of Hipster Christmas my true love gave me: Otis Redding and Okkevil River.


I feel super duper clever about the paring of today's songs.


"White Christmas" by Otis Redding is usually, what am I saying, is always, on top Christmas songs lists, and for good reason. It is Otis Redding. The end. (p.s. fingers crossed for a real white Christmas! But on the 25th and not travel days. )


Our second selection is, are you ready to feel the wrath of my cleverness?, "Listening to Otis Redding at Home During Christmas" by Okkevil River. Okkevil River a great band from the indie music hot spot of Austin Texas, with obviously great taste in holiday music. I also recommend all their non holiday music, their album, The Stage Names, is in heavy rotation between my ears.
Songs
I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas
Otis Redding
(various albums)


Listening to Otis Redding at Home During Christmas
Okkevil River
Don't Fall in Love with Everyone You See (isn't this a great album title/life advice?)

No comments :

Post a Comment