Saturday, December 17, 2011

12 Days of Hipster Holiday Music: Day 5

On the fifth day of Hipster Christmas my true love gave to me: FIVE GOLDEN RINGS! That was always my favorite part of the song when I was a kid so I would always yell it really loud. Maybe, sometimes I still do.


But instead of golden rings which I am allergic to (true story) here are nice tunes by Megafun and Louis Armstrong.


The first song, "I Saw Three Ships," is from North Carolina roots ramblers, Megafun. I think it perfect for this cold Saturday, 'cause there is nothing that can warm you up like a little banjo. Also, a good pair of socks.


You can download this song for FREE, along with several other nice little holiday numbers on I'll be Hometapes for the Holidays.


Song number two is "Cool Yule" by  Mr. Satchmo, himself. When I was in college I took a History of Jazz class. Our teacher was trumpet player which means that we listened to a lot of Louis Armstrong. Best use of tuition money, ever. Oh, that voice!


No comments :

Post a Comment