Saturday, December 17, 2011

12 Days of Hipster Holiday Music: Day 4

So, this is a tad late, but sometimes you have to go out and live your life so you can blog about it. And tonight that included eating crepes with some pretty amazing people.


Back to the show:


On the fourth day of Hipster Christmas my true love gave to me The Pogues and Matthew and the Atlas:


I decided to do something a little different and a little the same, today. Instead of posting two different songs, here is the same great song sung by two amazing bands. I completely adore both versions and couldn't pick one over the other. 


The Pogues who originally performed "Fairytale of New York,"are an Irish band that formed in the early 1980s, fronted by Shane MacGowan, who, random bit of holiday trivia, was born on Christmas Day.  So everyone, it is time to sing along:

I've got a feeling
This year's for me and you
So happy Christmas
I love you baby
I can see a better time
When all our dreams come true


The second version of the song is performed by Matthew and the Atlas who I had the great opportunity to see live twice this  year, and who may or may not have broken up this week.


 Thank you all for all your fine comments of my 12 days of music so far, I am having a lot of fun with it, and I hope that you have or will find a new song or two that fills you with holiday cheer!

No comments :

Post a Comment